Makes 2 cups
Recipe by Emily Gennis
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons very cold water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil, refrigerator cold
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and blend until combined, 5-10 seconds.
- While the food processor is still running, add the cold oil in a very slow, steady stream. It should take about a minute to add all of the oil.
- When all of the oil is incorporated, the mixture should be thick, emulsified, and a pale yellowish-white. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.