Wednesday, November 14, 2007

This Better Not Affect My Turkey Eating

I learned a few things today. One, I am no longer in college, when I could pull all-nighters with abandon and make it through the daylight hours without nodding off. Two, I hate tooth number 19.

That is the tooth I had root canal in approximately a month ago. This was after having a root canal performed on it nearly four years ago. The past two evenings / early mornings, I have woken up at 4:00am in pain (coming from tooth number 19 - that's a molar on the lower left part of your mouth, if you're playing along at home). Yesterday morning, I managed to grab a handful of Advil and got back to sleep for a few more hours.

This morning, I again woke up in pain, and the Advil did not work so good. So I got up, did some work at home and then headed off to work, getting there about 7:00am. I was not the only one surprised to see me at the office that early.

So I called the doctor of destruction (aka the dentist who did the root canal last month) and got an appointment to see her this afternoon. So off I went. She did some filing of the tooth to cut down on the bite and prescribed some anti-biotics and an anti-inflammatory. I am supposed to see her again in February.

Goody, soft food for dinner tonight! And presumably going to be early. By mid-afternoon, I felt like I was walking through water. It's a funny feeling. I definitely should not be operating heavy machinery in this condition.

3 comments:

ADR said...

Sorry to hear about the tooth, but welcome to the early Naratian club...

Anonymous said...

Dude.

Apico.

Your root(s) got infected. Happens after root canals from time to time. Hence the anti-biotics. But it will come back.

Go to a perodontist. Gum person. She will get in there and chip and drill away at the infected roots. Remove that bad material. Clean it right up. You will be good for ten years.

If you don't, you're lookin at removing the tooth and putting in an implant at $4000, vs. an apico for $500. Sooner rather than later.

Cheers?

Anonymous said...

I've had 3 or 4 root canals in my life, unfortunately, & I find your problem rather odd. A root canal typically involves removing the nerve of the tooth (among other things.) There should be no pain afterwards, ever, as there's no nerve left there to feel anything.
http://www.animated-teeth.com/root_canal/t1_root_canal.htm
I hope you feel better soon, at any rate, & get things sorted out before your problem gets worse.