Thursday, June 28, 2007

Something to get the brain juices flowing

Here's another quiz to jump start the brain on a hot Friday. My father is in town this weekend and I will be out and about entertaining him. Saturday, we will be at a Kingston Trio and Smothers Brothers concert at Wolf Trap (stop laughing at me). It should be fun.

The quiz is simple. I'll give you the first one. The other answers will come in a week. See how you do and try and stay cool.
  1. 366 D. in a L. Y. (366 Days in a Leap Year)
  2. 5 T. on a F.
  3. 3 S. (S., M., and L.)
  4. 100 Y. on a F. F.
  5. 360 D. in a C.
  6. 2000 P. in a T.
  7. 7 B. for S. B.
  8. 3 L. P.
  9. 144 I. in a G.
  10. 26 L. of the A.
  11. 12 S. of the Z.
  12. 54 C. in a D. (with the J.)
  13. 88 P. K.
  14. 13 S. on the A. F.
  15. 3 S. Y. O. at the O. B. G.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

found your blog from resturant gal... i'm not even going to try all of them since i am a teacher on summer vaction but the ones i got right off the bat:

3 S. (S., M., and L.) 3 sizes - small, medium, & large

100 Y. on a F. F. 100 yards on a football field

360 D. in a C. 360 degrees in a circle

2000 P. in a T. 2000 pounds in a (short) Ton (as opposed to the true long ton of 2240)

Kim Ayres said...

I couldn't figure out which one was Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs

Unknown said...

oops missed one the other day -

26 L. of the A. 26 letters of the alphabet

Archivalist said...

12 Signs of the Zodiac

88 Piano Keys

3 Strikes You're Out at the Old Ball Game

Archivalist said...

7 Brides for Seven Brothers

5 Toes on a Foot

54 Cards in a Deck (with the Joker)

Unknown said...

13 strips on the American Flag

Unknown said...

strips = stripes

Anonymous said...

The only two I didn't get were
144 I. in a G. & 88 P. K.

I wouldn't have gotten 88, having never played the piano. I'm still thinking about 144.

Archivalist said...

144 inches in a gram? Sorry, I don't know the metric system.