Friday, May 4, 2012

Ten Years Later

I was on the golf course last Friday, playing with my sister-in-law's husband.  The Brave Astronaut clan was in the great state of Delaware to celebrate his 40th birthday, a weekend that had been completely arranged by his wife, Mrs. BA's sister.  I remarked to him that we had done pretty well for ourselves with the women we had married.

Mrs. BA's sister and her husband celebrated 10 years of marriage in January.  When Mrs. BA and I prepared to get married in May, we asked the two of them to stand up with us as our best people.  Mrs. BA and my 10th wedding anniversary is today.

We have known each other sixteen years.  We became a couple twelve years ago.  I hope that Mrs. BA does not think of me as Marion did, when remarking to Indiana Jones, "You're not the man I knew ten years ago" although his response, "It's not the years honey, it's the mileage" is how my body feels sometimes, too.

I am to a point where I can't remember what my life was like when she wasn't in it.  I can't imagine how my life would be if she weren't in it.

She is the love of my life, my best friend, my partner, my wife, the mother of our children, and my foundation.  Whenever she is around, everything else matters less.  If you come across her today, wish her a happy anniversary, and while you're at it, thank her for rescuing me and making me the happiest man in the world.

Mrs. BA - you are everything to me and I love you with every fiber of my being.  We are moving down the road - together - and I look forward to many more years together with you and our children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You old sap. :-) Congratulations!