Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Later


Here we are - ten years later. This post will go up at the exact moment the first plane struck the north tower of the World Trade Center (of course, shown in the video above). At that moment ten years ago, I was dropping my car off for service and had a friend pick me up for work. When I got to work, of course, everything changed. You can read my previous posts about September 11 by clicking the links that follow (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).

Since that day, so much of my own life has changed. My mother (who was getting on a plane with my father in Texas that morning) passed away in 2006. I married the love of my life (who was here in Washington on September 11, while I was still in New York) and we now have two wonderful boys, who I hope will never have to experience the same tragic circumstances that I did.

We live in a nation forever different. Many of the things we took for granted have been irrevocably changed. We still find ourselves looking over our shoulder for what might be coming next (as recent news shows). I feel like I want to watch some of the ceremonies tomorrow and have been drawn to several of the anniversary shows that have been on TV this week.

Remembering is what we should do. Never forgetting what and who we lost is what we can do. Being strong and moving forward is what we must do. At some point today, stop. reflect. remember. God Bless America.

No comments: