Sunday, May 27, 2012

Post Number 1000

This is my 1000th post.   Statistics and observations are below - but I want to begin by noting the closure of an event that had a significant impact on my childhood.  Thirty-three years ago Friday Etan Patz disappeared on his way to school.  He was six years old and was walking to school alone for the first time.  Etan became the most famous missing child in New York City.  I was 11 years old when Etan disappeared and my parents and my friends parents started to look a little more carefully as where we were going.  Living on Long Island - my friends and I were aware of what had happened, as much as pre-teens were aware at that time.

It was announced yesterday that NYC Police had arrested an individual who had implicated himself in the disappearance and death of Etan Patz.  Patz's parents still live in the apartment where Etan left from and I hope that they can find peace.  Nothing will ever bring Etan back but at least they can now know what happened to him.  Rest in peace Etan.
____________________________________________________________


So here we are. A significant milestone. 1000 blog posts. Here's some highlights.

My first post was September 5, 2006. No comments.  The first post to receive a comment was my first post about September 11 (September 11, 2006). I have posted each year on that somber anniversary. Mondays soon became Recipe Day on Order from Chaos. Here's the first one, September 25, 2006 - remember what it was for? How many recipes have there been? 274 (at least four did not contain recipes for food - and while there were similarities, there have been no repeaters) And how many of them have I made or eaten? 64.  My most commented blog post to date was "I've Reached Two Score" December 19, 2007, which garnered thirteen comments, on my reaching the age of 40.

According to the tagging - this blog has been "about me" 250 times; "archives," "mandatory archival content," or archives conferences about 200 times; sports 121 times; history and politics more than 160 times.

For those who are really interested in the "metadata" here's the complete tag list for the postings.  While some posts have clearly been multiple tagged, my tagging has not been consistent.
  • 9/11 (6), About Me (251), Anniversary (15), Archives (100), Art (9), At Home (26)
  • Baseball (62), Basketball (7), Birthday (21), BlogDay2007 (1), Blogging (38), Books (39)
  • Candy (5), Cars (1), Cats (3), Christmas (48), Cleaning (1), Coffee (4), College (8), Comedy (3), Commuting (3), Computers (3), Conferences (44), Crime (3)
  • Dining Out (12), Dreams (1), Drink (17), Education (4), Europe (5), Family (56), Fashion (1), Fatherhood (22), Food (68), Football (12), Friends (1), Fun and Games (10)
  • Geography (3), Girl Scouts (3), Golf (20), Government (7), Guest Blogger (10)
  • Health (12), History (107), Hockey (43), Holidays (68), Humor (7), Ice Cream (2), Issues (1)
  • Language (1), Libraries (16), Lighthouses (4), Lists (81), Literature (1), Local (3), Long Island (5), Lunch Bunch (1)
  • MAC (Mandatory Archival Content) (8), Magazines (2), MARAC (27), March Drunken Madness (4), Meme (21), Movies (53), Moving (9), Museums (6), Music (28)
  • New Years Resolutions (5), New York (37), News (124), Nostalgia (42)
  • Obituary (6), On the Road (15), On this Date (42), Out on the Town (24), Poetry (2), Politics (55)
  • Quiz (38), Radio (4), Real Estate (1), Recipes (274), Religion (6), Restaurants (6), Reviews (4)
  • SAA (12), SAA2007 (6), Science (1), Shopping (14), Space (17), Sports (22), States of the Union (20), Summer (13)
  • Teaching (5), Technology (1), Telephone (6), Television (49), The American President (65), The Web (6), Theater (9), Toys (4), Traffic (17), Travel (4)
  • Vacation (23), Video (43), Washington DC (35), Weather (11), Wine (3), Winter (4), Women (4), Work (10)
Some other numbers of note:
  • 46,146 - number of page views on Order from Chaos
  • 2,237 - number of total comments across the blog
  • 2,091 - number of days between post 1 and post 1000
  • 1,048 - highest number of page views for a blog post, "Ring Dings vs. Ding Dongs, Discuss"
  • 952 - number of referrals from Anna VS's blog (the most referrals)
  • 789 - number of page views (the most of all the recipe pages) for "Mom's Beefaroni"
  • 587 - Facebook friends (I joined Facebook after starting this blog and have reconnected with a lot of old friends and high school classmates)
  • 402 - number of page views for the 100th Post of Order from Chaos
  • 309 - the number of page views for the American President series, for Herbert Hoover
  • 107 - number of different tags / labels used on the blog
  • 44 - my current age
  • 27 - number of years I have been out of high school - I attempted to organize a 25 year reunion in 2010 to limited success
  • 18 - number of followers to Order from Chaos
  • 17 - number of years I have been working as an archivist
  • 10 - number of years I have been married to Mrs. BA
  • 7 - current age of LBA (who is older than this blog)
  • 5 - number of years I have been with my current employer
  • 5 - the number of other blogs I have created during this time: The Political Point (not current - but may be coming back); National Archives Fantasy Baseball (the blog for my fantasy baseball league - also has not been kept up); Take Me Drunk, I'm Home (the March Madness drinking stories contest blog) and two family oriented blogs created for my family and Mrs. BA's family.
  • 4 - current age of SoBA (who is younger than this blog)
  • at least 4 - number of "blends" (blogging friends) I have made since I started blogging
  • 3 - number of cars I have owned during this blog's life - we are down to just one
  • 2 - series created on Order from Chaos - one on the Presidents of the US and one on the States of the Union (in progress) - there may be another one next year, I'm still thinking about what it will be.
So there it is.  I am still enjoying this and will continue to blog.  I hope that you have enjoyed stopping by and will keep coming back.

Thanks,
Brave Astronaut

No comments: