Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Plans

It's a last minute date night here in Brave Astronaut land. Mrs. BA and I are heading out to the Georgetown basketball game. But I've been sitting on this tidbit of information for a while. Perhaps we should make a plan for a Valentine's Day outing. Because nothing says "I love you" like a good schnitzel and a peppy polka.

My friend, Anna von Schurman, spotted this on a blog that she reads. Blob's Park, is back in business. The polka palace which closed at the end of 2007 has reopened (a planned real estate deal fell through and the owners decided to give it another go). I enjoyed the one time that I went and according to the website, there is a big plan for Valentine's Day.

I say we make a date! OSGs, Special K and J in PA, what do you think?

3 comments:

ScottE. said...

This is great news. I had been wanting to go and was bummed when I heard they closed. It sounds exactly like the kind of places I grew up going to with my grandparents! Now I need to make time to go!

Eryl Shields said...

I would definitely go, it sounds almost too romantic!

Brave Astronaut said...

Scott - It's an experience that all should have at least once.

Eryl - C'mon over. First beer's on me.