Friday, March 20, 2009

Firsts - but second

Because she said I would.

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
  • The one I actually went to? Kim from Huntsville, AL. The first one I was invited to? That would be Donna Kadlub, who invited me to get her ex-boyfriend to ask her - then she decided to go with him. And don't get me started on the 9th grade formal. It was like that scene in Say Anything ("sitting here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?")
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
  • How are we defining love? But no, whoever she is, I am not still in contact with her. But I talk to my true love every day.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
  • I was always a vodka guy.
4. What was your FIRST job?
5. What was your FIRST car?
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
  • Haven't received one yet, but I don't get a lot of personal ones - hockey scores and news alerts are the majority of my texts.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
  • Mrs. BA
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
  • Ms. Marino
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
  • I think the first time I flew was when I went to France in 1983.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
  • Probably Gary and not as much as we should.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
  • I think Gary again.
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
  • Mrs. BA - telling her I wanted five more minutes (that's usually the first words we exchange in the morning)
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
  • My brother's wedding (we wore Morning Suits - I was a teenager)
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
  • Getting breakfast ready for the boys
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
  • Easy - Billy Joel, Madison Square Garden, 1985 - we got tickets through a lottery system. You sent a check and a self-addressed stamped envelope and your tickets came back to you in the mail. How quaint.
16. FIRST tattoo?
  • Thank you, no.
17. FIRST piercing?
  • Again, thank you, no.
18. FIRST foreign country you visited?
  • Canada (on a school trip to Quebec) followed by the aforementioned France.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
20. When was your FIRST detention?
  • Thanks for bringing that up - Lunchtime detention, elementary school, with Mr. Zazucha. And just when I thought I had blocked that out.
21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
  • New York
22. Who was your FIRST roommate?
  • I went off to college and my first roommate never showed, so I had a semester with no roommate (but three suitemates). Second semester, Joe Basi showed up, less than stellar student, but a good pot farmer (remind me to tell you that story some day)
23. If you had one wish. What would it be?
  • "I'd like to teach the world to sing . . . " - no really, I guess - is not being tired a good wish?
24. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
  • I would love to learn to fly and get my pilot's license
25. Who do you think will be the next person to post this?
  • Possibly the Canadian Paw or Ohioan Amy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mr. Zazucha - quite a name. What did you do to earn that detention, pray tell? And whatever happened to the pot farmer? My first college roomie would have been a client of your roomie. Did I ever tell you about the time I flushed his stash? Sadly (sniff, sniff), he was expelled sophomore year. Of course, about two years ago I was shown an article online about the film award he won (producing) and about all the money he was making from flipping multi-million dollar homes. So much for cosmic justice.

Lana Gramlich said...

Interesting stuff. "Not being tired" is an unfortunate wish. I will wish you had more time for relaxation. Just remember that destressing/unwinding is as vital to the human organism as breathing!

Anonymous said...

Still waiting to hear what you did to get stuck in detention. Not that I'm nosy, or anything.

Brave Astronaut said...

J - Having blocked out the memory, I'm not sure I can tell you what I did to deserve detention - but I'm sure it wasn't my fault.

Lana - Will you come babysit and Mrs. BA and I will go take naps?

Anonymous said...

The first time you actually flew on an airplane was with Uncle Juel's money and we went to Florda for our first time to Disney and all that went with it. I believe you were not a good airplane traveler at that time and complained of ear issues.
YOUR SISTER