Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Houston - We Have A Problem

Over the weekend, the Brave Astronaut Command Console (also known as the desktop computer that I use for everything at home) suffered a major malfunction. At this time, the computer has been diagnosed with a dead motherboard. I am hoping to be able to retrieve the data that is on the hard drive.

For now, Mission Control will be dark while I get this resolved. I'm going to need a new computer, likely a laptop. To my former Syosset High School friends (specifically the one in Louisiana and Florida), can you get in touch with me? I know you've got the IT background that I might need right now along with the recommendations of what I should be looking for.

4 comments:

Amphyx said...

Hopefully, you'll get this shortly, but I'll be calling you either tomorrow or Sunday, and hopefully I'll be able to help you :D

How in the world did you fry your motherboard? If that's all that's wrong, then saving the data on your hard drive shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Talk to you soon!
G.

Brave Astronaut said...

Thanks for all your help!

Lana Gramlich said...

Oh heck, hon...A thousand apologies. I hadn't seen this until just now. I went AWOL from the online world for a while (& also suffered my own, major computer problem.) Feel free to call me in future! (985) 898-3071

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - my current issue is not yet resolved. Are you in a position to lend a hand with getting my new laptop to recognize my old hard drive harvested from my PC?