Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rules to Live By

I didn't think I would make a good father. There are still some days when I don't think I do a good job with the two boys that I have. Luckily I have the best wife in the world who helps me each and everyday. With her help, I don't think I have critically damaged the psyches on my sons.

My father will turn 80 next month. I had your normal set of father-son problems growing up, but I think he and I are doing alright. Happy Father's Day, Dad.

I spotted this blog some time ago and have now subscribed to its feed. If you are a father (and even if you're not), take a look and you'll find it all - humor, sarcasm, directness. However, this guy better get a move on if he is going to cover all 1001 items, unless he has a really, really, long range plan for when his son will arrive.

1001 Rules for my Unborn Son

4 comments:

Marisa B. said...

Ted and Jo-Jo think you're the best dad ever - and I agree!

stinkypaw said...

I always thought "playing" with the minds of their kids what was parents were supposed to do... oh ho!

...for some reason I have my doubts about you NOT being a good father...

Note: My WV was spermo, how appropriate! ;-)

Kim Ayres said...

Too many rules destroy creativity.

Advice given to me when I was growing up was. " Whatever you get up to I do't want police or angry parents knocking at the door. Try not to do anything stupid or illegal. And if you do, take precautions and don't get caught."

That pretty much covered it.

Brave Astronaut said...

Thanks Mrs. BA.

Paw - actually one of the reasons to have kids is to get them working for you - "Hey, get Dad another beer will you?" etc.

Kim - I sort of got those words, too. So why was I in a police cruiser when I was like 4 years old after having "run away from home"? Happy Fathers Day to you.