Wednesday, December 16, 2009

All I Want for Christmas . . .

is to not have to go to the dentist anymore for any of my teeth, let alone my two front ones. But seriously, folks.

I was the beneficiary of Stinkypaw's Secret Santa gift exchange. The first gift of Christmas arrived last week (all the way from Australia!). I took pictures of the package but could not get them uploaded from the camera. Trust me, it was great. I received a CD full of Australian music, which I am looking forward to adding to my iTunes library soon. I also got a hand made bookmark and card. Perhaps the best part of the package was the Tim Tam cookies. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I didn't share. Now, if I could just figure out who sent it to me. In the true spirit of Secret Santa, I don't know who it was. I need to do some investigating of the participants to see who it was.

My own gifts left these shores today, which unfortunately means it may not arrive at its destination before Christmas. My apologies to my giftee, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

So what does the Brave Astronaut want for Christmas? And let's remember that his birthday comes up on Sunday. Remember the rule - birthday gifts must be clearly marked and NOT wrapped in holiday paper. I have a few ideas of things I want. One thing for sure I would like to find under the tree is the new Stephen King book, Under the Dome, not the Dan Brown book (although my father has it and I can probably steal it from him when I visit him at the end of the month). There was an article in Time magazine back in September about the book. In the book, Brown ventures into National Treasure area, as Robert Langdon takes on the Freemasons, whose motto is evidently, wait for it, "Ordo ab Chao." Not up on your Latin? It means, Order out of Chaos. Think I'm in copyright trouble?

It was two years ago this month that I organized the mass movie outing to National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. We were teased in the movie that whatever was on page 47 would lead us to National Treasure 3. Given Nicolas Cage's recent financial difficulties, perhaps the movie will get made so he can pay his bills.

I suppose I should make use of the limited amount of time left to get some shopping done. Otherwise, I might have two very unhappy boys on Christmas morning.

3 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Someone got a gift, yay! Happy for you it made its way so fast. I would have love to see it (as per YOUR idea, no less), maybe you could try once more, for all to see your Secret Santa's talent (apart for the cookies, of course, no need for xrays!)

Happy EARLY birthday dear sir! Enjoy!

Grumpy said...

I have been hopping around to everyone's blogs waiting for someone to receive theirs so great to see someone has got one - yay! :)

Brave Astronaut said...

Mrs. BA reads my blog, so happily Under the Dome arrived tonight.

Grumpy - thanks very much for the presents!

Paw - Trust me, everything was great, and we have you to thank as well!