Friday, November 5, 2010

Tomorrow is Date Night!


This weekend, my MIL is taking the boys to her house for Saturday night. She offered and Mrs. BA are taking the opportunity to go out to dinner and then to a movie. Oh, the Luxury! Our dinner destination is likely to be Hank's (I have a little problem with the fresh BBQ chips) and then next door to the movies. I think we should go see this as Mrs. BA and I have a thing for The Hangover and this looks to be just like that.

The Map above comes from here. It is sure to prompt discussion and dissent. But I don't care, I'm still taking my wife out for dinner and a movie.

And while I am sure to enjoy a beer at Hanks, Mrs. BA is sure to get herself at least one Coke. Here's another map that I came across of late regarding the wide variety of terms used to describe the carbonated soft drink. Which, BTW, it's never pop.

5 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Ironically, on the movie map, I've been to the campground (in MS,) where "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" was filmed (although I still haven't seen the movie, so...)

I must admit, I haven't said "soda" in quite a long time. In Canada it's "pop" & down here it's "cold drink" more often than not.

Have a great time on your date!

Anna van Schurman said...

I've never seen What about Bob (no Hotel NH?), but I won't quibble with Groundhog Day, which, you may remember, was one of the wedding table movies.

When I moved out of 'tonic' territory, I had a difficult time switching to 'soda.' But I'm with you, never pop.

Unknown said...

Oh, you people from east of Syracuse. It's pop. Soda, like Coke, is a specific drink!

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - I love that movie!

Anna - the movie choices were certainly arbitrary.

C - It's soda.

Lana Gramlich said...

I think we have the movie through our library, so I'll have to give it a look.