All this month on Recipe Monday, I will be posting some yummy Thanksgiving recipes that I have come across recently. Hopefully they'll show up on the table.
First up, who wouldn't love a bacon themed cocktail? From the LA Times via BuzzFeed.
Candied Bacon Martini
Total time: 35 minutes
Note: The candied bacon recipe is adapted from "The Gift of Southern Cooking: Recipes and Revelations From Two Great American Cooks" by Edna Lewis and Scott Peacock.
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Candied bacon martinis
- 6 ounces premium vodka
- 4 ounces Applejack brandy
- 2 ounces amaretto liqueur
- 2 ounces maple syrup, preferably grade "B"
- 4 thin slices tart apple, such as Granny Smith
- 2 slices candied bacon, halved crosswise
Each of 4 servings: 284 calories; 1 gram protein; 21 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 1 gram fat; 0 saturated fat; 3 mg. cholesterol; 78 mg. sodium.