Monday, June 29, 2015

Dessert Grilled Cheese?

When my mother was pregnant with me, she and my father went on a long trip through France.  Each evening my father and grandfather would sit down to this huge "menu gastronomique" and my mother would spot the first course and head for her room, telling my father to send up a grilled cheese in about an hour.  So I had a lot of grilled cheese in utero, which is why it's not on my favorites list of comfort foods.

Until this.  Via Spoon University

Dark Chocolate, Raspberry and Brie Grilled Cheese

There’s no denying it — everyone loves cheese. Gooey Brie, sweet dark chocolate and tart raspberries take this grilled cheese from "drunchie" to dessert. Now you can have cheese for every meal, and really, who doesn’t want that?

Easy
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1

Ingredients
  • 4 ounces Brie 
  • 6-8 raspberries, mashed 
  • 1½ ounces dark chocolate 
  • 2 slices crusty bread 
  • 1 tablespoon butter 

Directions
  1. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. 
  2. Stack Brie, raspberries and chocolate onto unbuttered side of bread. Top with the other slice.
  3. Heat in a frying pan over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip carefully and heat other side for another 4 minutes.

No comments: