Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"The Light is on for You"

News from the Archdiocese of Washington and other dioceses around the country. We are all sinners. We need to get back to telling people about it. There is a new "campaign" underway to get Catholics back into the confessionals. "The Light is on for You" invites us to "celebrate the sacrament of reconciliation," inviting us to "experience God's mercy and forgiveness."


The Archdiocese of Washington has a whole webpage devoted to the sacrament of confession. Here you can find everything you need to know about confession, which you might have forgotten. You can find a list of parishes and priests to go and unburden yourself to. It reminds us this is the season of Lent and that churches will be open on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 for confession.

I will admit to being a lapsed Catholic. I honestly could not tell you the last time I went to confession. It might have been when I was confirmed (as a teenager). Then again, I already expect to go to hell, the only question is whether I get to drive the train.

No comments: