Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wal-Mart, meet Tivo. Tivo, meet Wal-Mart

I love TiVo. It has revolutionized the way I watch TV. If you talk to my wife, she will tell you that I resisted getting it for a long time. Then I caved. Publicly, I say here: I was wrong, she was right.

Now, today, news from the retailing giant, Wal-Mart, that they will join forces with TiVo to offer digital movies that can be downloaded to your TiVo for watching in your home. You won't have to buy the physical copy of the movie, it will reside on your TiVo's hard drive.

Shortly after the announcement, Amazon announced it would offer a similar service.

Let the revolution continue! Now I won't miss my Netflix account!

1 comment:

Geofhuth said...

Man,

You caved? It must've been the help I gave [insert name of your wife here] almost a year ago?

Geof