Friday, February 6, 2009

A 6-6-6 Meme

This was created by the venerable archivist, Terry, who blogs here. He created this meme. Here is my own take on it:

Rules: Six categories, with six entries each done in six minutes without Google (I didn't use Google, but I did consult my iPod).

Six songs with numbers in the title
  1. 867-5309 (Jenny)
  2. Route 66
  3. One More Night
  4. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
  5. 99 Red Balloons
  6. Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
Six songs with a color in the title
  1. Purple Rain
  2. Little Red Corvette
  3. Blue Suede Shoes
  4. Blue Bayou
  5. Man in Black
  6. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Six Songs with Animals in the Title
  1. Cats in the Cradle
  2. Honky Cat
  3. Me and You and a Dog Named Boo
  4. Free Bird
  5. A Horse with No Name
  6. Bye Bye Blackbird
Six Songs with Body Parts in the Title
  1. I Only Have Eyes for You
  2. My Eyes Adored You - "Carried your books from school, made believe you were married to me. You were fifth grade, I was sixth, when we came to be."
  3. Open Arms - that one's just for OC
  4. Ain't that a Kick in the Head
  5. Brown Eyed Girl - it's my ringtone when Mrs. BA calls
  6. Heartache Tonight
Songs with a Country / Place name in the Title
  1. Born in the USA
  2. China Grove - not here.
  3. America the Beautiful - though I really, really love the version below.
  4. City of New Orleans
  5. Georgia on my Mind - while I love this song, it will always make me think of this show.
  6. Goodnight Saigon
Songs With a Job in the Title
  1. Working at the Car Wash Blues
  2. Son of a Son of a Sailor
  3. Operator
  4. The Candy Man - but only sung by him.
  5. The Entertainer
  6. I Wanna Drive the Zamboni

5 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Good picks. I think I would've had problems with some of those.
(Charles once sent me a CD with "Green Eyed Lady" on it & said it reminded him of me. To date, I'm still unclear on what color my eyes actually are, but he's terribly sweet.)

Anonymous said...

I think the Billy Joel bias is showing a little here, BA. :)

stinkypaw said...

Nice list, and "Brown Eyed Girl" is also "my" song! Sweet to have that as Mrs BA's ring tone.

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - Ah the compilation dedication tape/CD. The stuff of romantics everywhere.

J - C'mon now, it's only three songs out of 36.

Paw - it is sweet. Just another way that I get to show her how much I love her.

Brave Astronaut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.