Friday, July 24, 2009

Would it Have Been Anyone Else?

Two weeks ago, Billy Joel and Elton John took to the stage for the first concert ever at Nationals Park - home to the lowly Washington Nationals. Tonight, I am headed to the park for a game between the Nationals and the San Diego Padres. While I would have liked to attend the concert, the reviews were mediocre and featured a full on hissy fit by Elton John, when his piano broke in the opening set.

Shortly after I returned from a New York weekend, my cousin tagged me in a note on Facebook. I have done similar work / lists like this before, but here goes:

Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Try not to repeat a song title. It's harder than you think.

Pick Your Artist: Billy Joel

Are you male or female: An Innocent Man

Describe yourself: I Go to Extremes

How do you feel about yourself: Don't Ask Me Why

Describe your current boy/girl situation: A Matter of Trust

Describe where you currently live: The River of Dreams

If you could go anywhere you wanted to go: Leningrad

Your favorite form of transportation: The Downeaster Alexa

Your best friend(s) is(are): Big Shot and The Entertainer

Your favorite color is: Oyster Bay (I'm sure it's a color - it's got to be in the blue family)

Favorite time of day: Until the Night

If your life were a TV show, what would it be called: The Longest Time

What is life to you: The Longest Time

What is the best advice you have to give: You're Only Human

Thought for the Day: It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

How I would like to die: Only the Good Die Young

My soul's present condition: Pressure

4 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

I'm going to try this with Ry Cooder now. Good thing for me he's prolific!

Brave Astronaut said...

Mary - I'll look forward to reading it!

Lana Gramlich said...

Pick Your Artist: Pink Floyd

Are you male or female: See Emily Play

Describe yourself: Signs of Life

How do you feel about yourself: Fearless

Describe your current boy/girl situation: The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Describe where you currently live: The Fletcher Memorial Home

If you could go anywhere you wanted to go: San Tropez

Your favorite form of transportation: Pigs on the Wing

Your best friend(s) is(are): Us and Them

Your favorite color is: Any Colour You Like

Favorite time of day: Eclipse

If your life were a TV show, what would it be called: The Trial

What is life to you: Shine On You Crazy Diamond

What is the best advice you have to give: Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert

Thought for the Day: Breathe

How I would like to die: Coming Back to Life

My soul's present condition: High Hopes

(That was fun, thanks!)

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - nice set list