Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Three Years and Counting

I can't quite believe it, but September 5 marked Order from Chaos's third birthday. What started out as an experiment in procrastination has become a real devotion for me. I am extremely grateful to all of my readers and the friends I have made through this portal. I thank you for coming by and hope you will continue to do so.

Now why do I do this? That's a good question. A meme made the rounds of the blogosphere last year. It asked three questions. Andrew Sullivan himself answered the question, "Why I Blog" in the Atlantic last year.

Is this a good blog? Another fine question. Last year Merlin Mann posted his qualities for a "good blog."

I hope everyone has enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed writing. I'll keep trying to find things to talk about if you keep coming by from time to time to say hi.

6 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Congrats on the 3 years!

In among the recent massive influx of visitors and comments has been a huge number of new bloggers asking me for advice on blogging, so I mihgt just do a post on it myself sometime soon :)

stinkypaw said...

Congrats on the three years. Keep up the good work and keep on blogging! I don't read everything but I always enjoy what I read.

Brave Astronaut said...

Kim - I will look forward to it. With your new found fandom, a whole new community will be treated to more outstanding ramblings!

Paw - Thanks for the nice words.

Archivalist said...

Happy Belated Birthday, OfC!

Even if you are a Rangers fan.

Lana Gramlich said...

Happy Blogaversary! I think the most important part is what YOU get out of it, y'know? If you enjoy it, your job is done. Personally I like being able to keep up with things here. Much better than FB, I think. ;)

Brave Astronaut said...

AT - Thanks. Good that it's hockey season, yes?

Lana - Thanks