Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas is Coming


It's Black Friday. I'm off, but not anywhere near a store. I'm home today looking after the boys, as their daycare is closed. Mrs. BA is off at work and I am thinking about getting the decorations out for Christmas. I'll probably hang the lights on the house this weekend. Maybe I'll multi-task and clean the gutters as I hang the lights. I don't know if my house will look like the one on the left, but it surely won't look like the one on the right.

I also have to get out the Christmas card list and get that process started as well. I lost the electronic version of the list when my computer failed earlier this year, but have been able to recreate it from an earlier version that Mrs. BA had on her computer.

The Brave Astronaut clan will likely travel for Christmas, heading for New York to see my father and hopefully my brother and sister, who will travel from their homes. My other sister lives in New York and it hopefully will mark a Christmas where we are all together for the first time in several years.

I have a few gifts to buy for the boys and Mrs. BA. I have one gift for her already but would like to have a few more under the tree as well. Speaking of trees, the Brave Astronaut and the OSG family will go out hunting for a tree next weekend. It's sure to be another great adventure.

I am participating in an Internet gift exchange, courtesy of Stinkypaw. I need to get that wrapped up so my recipient gets their gift in time for Christmas day. As mentioned here previously, Christmas is my favorite holiday, as it was my mother's also. I am looking forward to this special season and wish everyone the very best for this holiday season.

5 comments:

St Jude said...

Oh dear, I am far too disorganised, but you have reminded me that I need to get my Santa Paws gift in the post or my poor recipient won't be getting it this side of Christmas. Better dash.

Lana Gramlich said...

That picture's hysterical--thanks for sharing.
FYI, if it helps you avoid the mad rush at the malls at all, I'm having a massive sale on my artwork. (Trying to get extra $ in to help cover the $ I'll lose missing work for my upcoming shoulder surgery.) Just throwing it out there...

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. I think it would be what my house would look like if I had one.

I'm looking forward to the Christmas exchange.

stinkypaw said...

Nice to see someone else shares my excitment about Christmas! That picture is too funny. Thanks again for the Santa Paws, it will be fun!

Brave Astronaut said...

St. Jude - Thanks for stopping by. I am also reminded that I need to get my act together very quickly.

Lana - I just might be in touch.

Greenduck - Thanks for the visit. I too, am looking forward to the exchange.

Paw - I hope it will be a great success.