Monday, February 15, 2010

EGGS! EGGS!

SoBA has a thing for eggs. He will eat four at a time. The other morning when it was my morning to sleep in - I could hear the insistent cries (the title of the post) of SoBA's breakfast order. On Sunday morning, while we continued to dig out, I decided to make my father's scrambled eggs (and bacon, of course) to celebrate Valentine's Day with Mrs. BA.

My father's scrambled eggs involve butter (about a tablespoon per egg) and cream (or at least whole milk). We had cream on this particular morning. The key to my father's eggs (or so he says) is making sure the eggs are warm - he puts them in a bowl with some warm water for a bit, before cracking them, whisking them and then adding the butter, cream, and some salt and pepper.

Now instead of pouring them in a frying pan, my father cooks his scrambled eggs in a saucepan. They require constant stirring with a wooden spoon (scraping the cooking egg off the bottom of the saucepan). When the eggs begin to gel, take them off the heat and continue stirring. The eggs are best served a little undercooked so they are soft and very tasty.

Some time ago I spotted this post from the Amateur Gourmet. Now if I owned a cappuccino maker, I would so make the eggs this way. I think they would be very tasty.

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Eggs are a special breakfast thing Charles & I do on weekends. Sometimes he cooks, sometimes I do. Whenever the weather permits, whoever's not cooking sets up the folding table on the deck so we can have breakfast outside, watching the birds & talking about how blessed our lives are.
I wouldn't trade our breakfasts for the world. :)

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - nor should you. Hope all goes well in Arkansas. Thinking of you both.