Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hi, Remember Me?

This blog was becoming a recipe only blog. I have been away too long. But [some things I have been thinking about and just not getting around to blogging about],
  • Like my beard, which I have been growing since the February snowstorms, I'm still here and would like to stay around for a while (I hope to have photos soon)
  • Like Punxsutawney Phil, I have emerged from winter slumber (although I would have liked one more good snow storm - and wouldn't be surprised if it snowed this weekend, as it would have been my mother's 80th birthday)
  • Like a good American in the Decennial Census, I am ready to be counted (hey make some notes in the margin of the form, the government is keeping the paper!)
  • Like David Paterson (D-NY), I'm not resigning (although he really should)
  • Like Tiger Woods, I am going to try and return to your "public eye" (but I haven't been doing any of the stuff he has).
  • Like the New York Yankees, I would like to get out on the field and defend that World Series title right away.
  • Unlike the Washington Nationals, I will attempt to show up for some baseball games (although I am likely going to miss Opening Day for the first time - I'll be in the dentist chair)
  • Like the New York Rangers, I am making a last push to make the season last a little longer (you want me to keep blogging, yes?)
  • Unlike Alexander Ovechkin, I will not be sitting on the sidelines for the rest of the week (sorry ADR and OC)
  • Like Versus, I am back [on DirecTV as they have settled their squabble] (although I am switching to FIOS at the end of this week - I could no longer ignore the siren call of the multi-room DVR)
  • Like the Smithsonian, I will not be accepting O. J.'s suit - but I will spend this year working on organizing the family archives and scanning some pictures
So dear reader, are you still with me? Come on back. I'll do my best to keep you entertained.

5 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Happy to see you back and to read you're not like Tiger Woods that "way"...

I so know the feeling of "just not getting around to blogging about it" (Whatever it may be), I've been feeling it too!

I'll be back if you're back!

Mary Witzl said...

I think I should probably get away more often. And I know I should definitely follow American cultural trends more; I know about Tiger Woods, but all of that other stuff is pretty much a mystery.

Lana Gramlich said...

Oh yes. Still with you. ;) I know that everyone has lives, too, & that blogging sometimes takes a back seat. S'all good.

Archivalist said...

Welcome back, BA. You wanna talk about beards, Tiger, and why the Rags still suck, then let's go! (I too, am coming back after being away for a long time, with some new, wacky stuff.)

Brave Astronaut said...

Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement. I will keep at it!