Saturday, June 19, 2010

Clarification Needed?

Mrs. BA pointed out to me last night that my most recent post was a little too whiny and that perhaps I was leaving people with the impression that I don't like the way my life is. Quite the contrary. I am very happy with my life, I just would like some more time to do things.

Mrs. BA and I celebrated eight years of marriage in May and I have never been happier than I am when I am with her. Tomorrow is of course, Father's Day and I am blessed to have two wonderful boys.

Part 2 of yesterday's post will likely come next week and it will layout all that I am involved in and hopefully explain why I am so tired. Unfortunately, being tired, leads to being cranky, which sometimes expresses itself in whiny blog posts and I apologize, specifically to Mrs. BA, if she was upset by last night's post [which she was].

8 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

First of all, didn't you celebrate in May? You are sleep deprived.

I would cut down on computer time. It may seem relaxing, but the light screws with your internal clock: http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/05/13/sleep.gadgets.ipad/index.html. Also, no tv in the bedroom. The bedroom's for sleeping and sex only. And help Mrs. BA with the laundry.

pilgrimchick said...

Overtired and cranky? Boy, I can relate, and I have few excuses.

stinkypaw said...

I wouldn't say you were whinny, you were stating your situation as you see it, and yes, it read somewhat as there was something you didn't like. Not being satisfy about an aspect of our routine doesn't mean one isn't happy with their life. At least not for me. I dearly love my husband and my life with him (for the last 16 years), but hated the commute to work, so we moved downtown and now I've found something else to be cranky about... eh.

Kate T. said...

I didn't think it sounded whiny. Exhausting, though.

It's summertime. Cook everything on the grill.

Lana Gramlich said...

I would guess that you DO need more sleep. Most people will sacrifice sleep first when their schedules are full, but adequate sleep is virtually as important as breathing.
I don't know about "whiny," but we ALL need to vent from time to time.

(Ironically, my verification word is "sheep," as in, go count some.)

Brave Astronaut said...

Anna - fixed month. And I can understand cutting down on computer time. It may come to that.

Chick - sometimes it is acceptable.

Kate - an excellent suggestion. Grilling is good.

Lana - I just feel like I am going to be tired until the boys turn 21.

stinkypaw said...

What am I, chop liver, no answer for me!

Brave Astronaut said...

Wow, Paw, I'm sorry. One of my most faithful readers and I missed your comment!

Perhaps its because you and I have such similar situations (except I still commute to work but would love to work from home more)