Monday, September 27, 2010

Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia

I was not a good father yesterday. I really wanted to sit around and do nothing. I got to do that mostly because I am married to the best woman ever. I got to take a two and a half hour nap, which my body really needed. When I woke up, I got up and made dinner for the family. Fish sticks and mac and cheese for the boys and broiled tilapia fillets for Mr. and Mrs. BA.

We have a recipe for basil butter fish fillets, which is good (however, last night I substituted spinach for the basil and it was ok as well). I lamented that I needed a number of different recipes for broiled fish as we have a number of tilapia fillets in the freezer.

On October 24, we will have a new grocery store to shop in just up the road. Wegman's will open on that day. I am greatly looking forward to my first shopping experience at Wegman's. Needing a recipe for tonight, I moseyed over to their website and poked around. And what did I find? A recipe for Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia. Now, I'm all set.

Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia
SERVES 4
ACTIVE TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 25 min
  • 4 Tbsp Wegmans Garlic Cheese Finishing Butter (Dairy Dept)
  • 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp Italian Classics Shredded Italian Blend Cheese (Cheese Shop)
  • 1 tsp Wegmans Basting Oil
  • 4 tilapia fillets (about 6 oz each)
  • 1 pkg (8 oz) Wegmans Bouillabaisse Seafood Sauce (Prepared Foods), warmed
You'll Need: Small saucepan, baking sheet

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

1. Melt garlic butter in saucepan on LOW; remove from heat as soon as it is melted.

2. Combine melted butter and bread crumbs in a small bowl; mix well. Add cheese; mixing well.

3. Coat baking sheet thinly with basting oil. Place tilapia on baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.

4. Top each fillet with about 3 Tbsp of bread crumb mixture; press to cover entire top of fillet.

5. Bake 12-15 min or until internal temp of fillets reaches 130 degrees. (Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of tilapia.) Remove from oven; let rest 2 min.

6. Serve with bouillabaisse sauce.

5 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Bad news: your grocery bill is going up. Good news: you will eat better and may be able to substitute Wegman's ready made for some of your restaurant experiences. I <3 Wegman's.

Unknown said...

It *kills* me that the food store I grew up with and think of as being just another grocery store gets this much publicity down here. At least I'll be able to get some WNY favorites locally easily now.

Lana Gramlich said...

I remember many trips to Wegman's in Buffalo when I lived in Canada. I also remember a "free sample" piece of pizza that had been made with shrimp cocktail instead of tomato sauce, somehow. Unfortunately I HATE shrimp cocktail & there were no napkins or garbage cans anywhere to be seen. I'll never forget that shock and horror...
Beware the free samples of pizza!!! *L*

BTW, good on you for taking a nice, long nap.

Wegmans said...

Hey BA! We are so glad that you tried our Garlic-Parmesan recipe! We look forward to sharing more with you on October 24 :)

Brave Astronaut said...

Anna - this I have heard. But it is the 600 cheeses that has Mrs. BA all aflutter.

C - as discussed, I think its a rebranding thing

Lana - duly noted.

Wegmans - thanks for the comment! what else can I do for the store!