Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lets Go Nats!

Where am I tonight? I am attending one of the last Nationals games of the 2010 season. It hasn't been the best season this year, but like the Cubs, "we'll get 'em next year." There's always next year . . . and the year after that . . . and the year after that . . . Tonight, the Brave Astronaut will be on the field as part of a recognition ceremony for all of the group leaders who brought groups to a game this year. As you may recall, I arranged for about 150 of my closest archival friends out to a game in August as part of the SAA Annual Meeting.

The 2011 schedules have been announced and it looks like Brave Astronaut tours will be taking in the Cubbies in Chicago when SAA meets there next August. As the regular baseball season leads into October and the playoffs, I will likely make my focus on those lovable American League dominators, my friends, your World Series Champion New York Yankees.

Can they repeat? Sure. Will they? Maybe.

And of course, hockey starts this month - so I've got that going for me.

Update: After being down by three runs for most of the game - the Nats exploded in the 8th inning for 8 runs and won the game 8-4.

No comments: