Monday, January 24, 2011

Bread Maker Recipes?

Well dear reader, it's your turn to give back. I recently acquired a bread maker from a friend and am looking forward to giving it a workout. However, it did not come with a recipe book. There is a basic bread recipe in the instruction manual, but I would love to see your favorite bread maker recipes. Specifically, I would love to have a cinnamon raisin bread recipe to make for the boys.

For those of you with bread makers, send those ideas along. Here's a recipe I got from the same person who gave me the bread maker. It is for pizza dough, though I don't know if I will make it - it would disrupt the flow of pizza / movie night on Fridays.

Pizza Dough (Bread Machine)
from CDKitchen
Serves/Makes: 2 crusts | Difficulty Level: 2 | Ready In: 1-2 hrs

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions:
Place ingredients in pan in order listed or as directed per machine instructions. Select white dough cycle. Makes two 12 inch regular crusts or one 16 inch deep dish crust. Top with desired toppings and bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until crust is light brown.

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I don't have a bread maker, unfortunately. We have books of recipes for such at our library, though. Perhaps you should check yours. Of course, you have the Library of the Internet at your fingertips (& I know how busy you tend to be.) If I come across anything that sounds particularly wonderful I'll let you know. ;)

Brave Astronaut said...

I have gotten a couple of good recipes from friends through FB, but am always willing to try new things.