Monday, February 21, 2011

New York Pizza

When I moved to Maryland, I missed good New York style pizza. According to the map (click to embiggen) above, it is the food for New York. I have managed to find some good pizza here in the area, possibly the best is here. Now that I have a bread maker (and have already made some pretty good cinnamon raisin bread, I might have to try pizza dough to see how it turns out.

Pizza Dough (Bread Machine)
from CDKitchen
Serves/Makes: 2 crusts | Difficulty Level: 2 | Ready In: 1-2 hrs

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup water PLUS
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions:
Place ingredients in pan in order listed or as directed per machine instructions. Select white dough cycle. Makes two 12 inch regular crusts or one 16 inch deep dish crust. Top with desired toppings and bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until crust is light brown.

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

It's been said before but bears repeating, "embiggens" is a perfectly cromulent word. ;)
I love Minnesota's; "Fried food on a stick." *ROFL!* Compared to that, Louisiana's crawfish (which was considered bait for fishing in Canada,) isn't so bad.
As for pizza, nowhere has ever come close to NY (although Leo's Pizza in Buffalo was pretty good--but that's NY, too, after all.) Whenever I go to NYC I indulge in pizza, fresh bagels & hot pretzels from street vendors. It's a MUST.
That said, however, I think the BEST garlic bread with cheese I've ever had is from the little pizza place right here in Abita Springs. They make it like a little pizza & it's soooooooo good!

BTW, I painted a night launch of the Space Shuttle over the last couple of days. It's on my blog if you get time to pop over.

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - So you could come to NY in June for the High School Reunion that I am organizing (on FB) with help from Dawn Libes. Eileen is thinking of coming (and I might ask her to kidnap you on her way).