Monday, October 10, 2011

Pork Chops with Pineapple

Here's a recipe that I can actually say that I made. I made it last night for a delicious Sunday night dinner. I'm afraid its a Martha Stewart recipe, and we all know that I'm not particularly fond of her. I adapted the recipe in as much as I used boneless pork chops, and I had no jalapenos (I sprinkled a little cayenne in with the pineapple). I also used canned pineapple (I reserved the juice and had a nice vodka and pineapple with dinner).

I found the recipe on Punchfork, which is a recipe aggregator, found on the greatest of all Internet aggregators out there, kottke.

Pork Chops with Pineapple and Rice

Ingredients
  • 2 cups long-grain white rice
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 4 bone-in pork chops (2 1/2 pounds total, 1 inch thick)
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 jalapeno, diced small
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
Directions
Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is slightly pink in center, 7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet. Transfer pork to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.

Reduce heat to medium. Add pineapple and jalapeno to skillet. Cook, stirring, until pineapple is tender, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce. Serve pork with pineapple mixture, rice, and cilantro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

► Pork 'n pineapple - a match made in culinary heaven. When you add cheese as well...divine. ◄