Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Mrs. BA!

Twelve years ago today, on a bright Spring day, much like today, was one of the best days in my life.  In front of my family and many friends, I married the woman who I was meant to be with, and we started down the road of life together. Mrs. BA remains my best friend, the love of my life, the mother of my children, and the woman that I look forward to spending the rest of my life with.

Today we marked the day by celebrating "First Communion Sunday" and the First Communion of one of our "collective" members.  It was a bittersweet day as it also marked the three-month anniversary of the passing of our good friend and collective co-founder, Riley.  He was however, with us throughout the day.

On FB the other day, some friends noted they would celebrate their 10-year anniversary in 2017, when Mr. and Mrs. BA will celebrate their 15th anniversary.  It has been decided that we will have either several parties over the course of the year, or one big bash for those celebrating milestone anniversaries in 2017.  Who wants in?

So what does one get his beloved for their 12th Wedding Anniversary?  If you're wondering, the gifts are silk/linen (traditional) and pearls (modern).  Mrs. BA got both, a "silk-like" pashmina, and a pearl necklace and earrings.

The picture above was taken on our honeymoon - at the top of the Cape May Lighthouse.  I love you, Mrs. BA.

No comments: