Wednesday, December 6, 2006

TV Catch Phrases with attributions (answers)

Here are the quotes again with the people that said them:
  • "Aaay" (Fonzie, Happy Days)
  • "And that's the way it is" (Walter Cronkite, CBS Evening News)
  • "Ask not what your country can do for you ..." (John F. Kennedy, 1961 Inaugural Address)
  • "Baby, you're the greatest" (Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden, The Honeymooners)
  • "Bam!" (Emeril Lagasse, Emeril Live)
  • "Book 'em, Danno" (Steve McGarrett, Hawaii Five-O)
  • "Come on down!" (Johnny Olson, The Price is Right)
  • "Danger, Will Robinson" (Robot, Lost in Space)
  • "De plane! De plane!" (Tattoo, Fantasy Island)
  • "Denny Crane" (Denny Crane, Boston Legal)
  • "Do you believe in miracles?" (Al Michaels, 1980 Winter Olympics)
  • "D'oh!" (Homer Simpson, The Simpsons)
  • "Don't make me angry ..." - "you won't like me when I'm angry" (David Banner, The Incredible Hulk)
  • "Dyn-o-mite" (J.J. Walker, Good Times)
  • "Elizabeth, I'm coming!" (Fred Sanford, Sanford and Son)
  • "Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ..." (Eddie Haskell, Leave it to Beaver) (although I prefer the very dirty, "Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.")
  • "God'll get you for that" (Maude, Maude)
  • "Good grief" (Charlie Brown, Peanuts specials)
  • "Good night, and good luck" (Edward R. Murrow, See It Now)
  • "Good night, John Boy" (The Waltons)
  • "Have you no sense of decency?" (Joseph Welch to Sen. McCarthy)
  • "Heh heh" (Beavis and Butt-head, Beavis and Butthead)
  • "Here it is, your moment of Zen" (Jon Stewart, The Daily Show)
  • "Here's Johnny!" (Ed McMahon, The Tonight Show)
  • "Hey now!" (Hank Kingsley, The Larry Sanders Show)
  • "Hey hey hey!" (Dwayne Nelson, What's Happening!!)
  • "Hey hey hey!" (Fat Albert, Fat Albert)
  • "Holy (whatever), Batman!" (Robin, Batman)
  • "Holy crap!" (Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond)
  • "Homey don't play that!" (Homey the Clown, In Living Color) - although I preferred Jim Carrey's Fire Marshall Bill - "Fire, Fire's cool.")
  • "How sweet it is!" (Jackie Gleason, The Jackie Gleason Show)
  • "How you doin'?" (Joey Tribbiani, Friends)
  • "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" (Alka Seltzer ad)
  • "I know nothing!" (Sgt. Schultz, Hogan's Heroes)
  • "I love it when a plan comes together" (Hannibal, The A-Team)
  • "I want my MTV!" (MTV ad)
  • "I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl ..." - "and this is my other brother Darryl." (Larry, Newhart)
  • "I'm not a crook ..." (Richard Nixon)
  • "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV" (Vicks Formula 44 ad)
  • "I'm Rick James, bitch!" (Dave Chappelle as Rick James, Chappelle's Show)
  • "If it weren't for you meddling kids!" (Various villains, Scooby Doo, Where Are You?)
  • "Is that your final answer?" (Regis Philbin, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire)
  • "It keeps going and going and going ..." (Energizer Batteries ad)
  • "It takes a licking ..." (Timex ad)
  • "Jane, you ignorant slut" (Dan Aykroyd to Jane Curtin, Saturday Night Live)
  • "Just one more thing ..." (Columbo, Columbo)
  • "Let's be careful out there" (Sgt. Esterhaus, Hill Street Blues)
  • "Let's get ready to rumble!" (Michael Buffer, various sports events)
  • "Live long and prosper" (Spock, Star Trek)
  • "Makin' whoopie" (Bob Eubanks, The Newlywed Game)
  • "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" (Jan Brady, The Brady Bunch)
  • "Mom always liked you best" (Tommy Smothers, The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour)
  • "Never assume ..." (Felix Unger, The Odd Couple)
  • "Nip it!" (Barney Fife, The Andy Griffith Show)
  • "No soup for you!" (The Soup Nazi, Seinfeld)
  • "Norm!" (Cheers)
  • "Now cut that out!" (Jack Benny, The Jack Benny Program)
  • "Oh, my God! They killed Kenny!" (Stan and Kyle, South Park)
  • "Oh, my nose!" (Marcia Brady, The Brady Bunch)
  • "One small step for man ..." (Neil Armstrong)
  • "Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?" (Grey Poupon ad)
  • "Read my lips: No new taxes!" (George H.W. Bush)
  • "Resistance is futile" (Picard as Borg, Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • "Say good night, Gracie" (George Burns, The Burns & Allen Show)
  • "Schwing!" (Mike Myers and Dana Carvey as Wayne and Garth, Saturday Night Live)
  • "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" (Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle)
  • "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids" (Trix cereal ad)
  • "Smile, you're on Candid Camera" (Candid Camera)
  • "Sock it to me" (Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In)
  • "Space, the final frontier ..." (Capt. Kirk, Star Trek)
  • "Stifle!" (Archie Bunker, All in the Family)
  • "Suit up!" (Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother)
  • "Tastes great! Less filling!" (Miller Lite beer ad)
  • "Tell me what you don't like about yourself" (Dr. McNamara and Dr. Troy, Nip/Tuck)
  • "That's hot" (Paris Hilton, The Simple Life)
  • "The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat" (Jim McKay, ABC's Wide World of Sports)
  • "The tribe has spoken" (Jeff Probst, Survivor)
  • "The truth is out there" (Fox Mulder, The X-Files)
  • "This is the city ..." (Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet)
  • "Time to make the donuts" (Dunkin' Donuts ad)
  • "Two thumbs up" (Siskel & Ebert, Siskel & Ebert)
  • "Up your nose with a rubber hose" (Vinnie Barbarino, Welcome Back, Kotter)
  • "We are two wild and crazy guys!" (Steve Martin and Dan Aykroyd as Czech playboys, Saturday Night Live)
  • "Welcome to the O.C., bitch" (Luke, The O.C.)
  • "Well, isn't that special?" (Dana Carvey as the Church Lady, Saturday Night Live)
  • "We've got a really big show!" (Ed Sullivan, The Ed Sullivan Show)
  • "Whassup?" (Budweiser ad)
  • "What you see is what you get!" (Geraldine, The Flip Wilson Show)
  • "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" (Arnold Drummond, Diff'rent Strokes)
  • "Where's the beef?" (Wendy's ad)
  • "Who loves you, baby?" (Kojak, Kojak)
  • "Would you believe?" (Maxwell Smart, Get Smart)
  • "Yabba dabba do!" (Fred Flintstone, The Flintstones)
  • "Yada, yada, yada" (Seinfeld)
  • "Yeah, that's the ticket" (Jon Lovitz as the pathological liar, Saturday Night Live)
  • "You eeeediot!" (Ren, Ren & Stimpy)
  • "You look mahvelous!" (Billy Crystal as Fernando, Saturday Night Live)
  • "You rang?" (Lurch, The Addams Family)
  • "You're fired!" (Donald Trump, The Apprentice)
  • "You've got spunk ..." - "I HATE spunk!" (Lou Grant, The Mary Taylor Moore Show)

3 comments:

Archivalist said...

Wow...I missed 5. I need to find some new hobbies.

They forgot the most annoying catch phrase of 2006: "Soul Patrol!" Egh.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't even in the running.

For all the Star Trek quotations, I'm surprised they missed "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a ____ ."

Brave Astronaut said...

In the interest of full disclosure, I report that I was unable to correctly answer at least ten of the quotes when initially looking at the list. Also, several others I knew the quote, maybe the show and/or the character/actor.