Friday, November 30, 2007

Where Has This Blog Been My Whole Life?

I recently created a Google Reader account so that I could keep current with the many blogs I read. While doing so, I subscribed to one of the bundles that Google Reader offers, the Language bundle, which included this blog, "kottke.org, home of fine hypertext products." It is also an aggregator of sorts, like Google Reader, and it has given me the following:
  • McSweeney's Internet Tendency - "Thirty Illnesses, Sorted According to Whether or Not You Can Eat the Victims" - so stay away from those rabies victims.
  • The Mafia's Ten Commandments - #5 - Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife's about to give birth.
  • How to win at Monopoly - but what about Scrabble?
  • A link to New York Magazine's vintage NYC videos.
  • A New York University study that showed that 50% of NYU students would give up their right to vote FOREVER for $1 million. That's just wrong.
  • And in honor of the New York Times issuance of their "100 Notable Books of 2007," you will note the addition of my "Library Thing widget" on the sidebar. So you'll know what's on my bookshelves, although possibly not read, but most have been.
  • Finally, I used to be a webmaster and was pretty good with the html tags. But I was at a loss on this one. I'm very rusty. So, ADR, are you up to the task?

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't figure out how to make the HTML quiz work. Mafia's 10 commandments were wickedly twisted, of course.

Brave Astronaut said...

It took me some time to get used to. At first I was trying to use the brackets, then it took some time to get used to the single letters registering (b vs. br, etc.)

I missed many.