Monday, June 4, 2012

Red Potato Salad with Bacon

Mrs. BA has now made this dish twice and it is very tasty.  I mean, it's got bacon in it.  And it's from Paula Deen, so it must be good for you, right?

Ingredients
  • 6 cups cubed red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 1/4 pounds) 
  • Salt 
  • 2 ounces bacon (2 or 3 strips) 
  • 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any color or a combination) 
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion 
  • 1/4 cup sliced scallions (about 2 scallions) 
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar 
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard 
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise 
  • Freshly ground pepper 
Directions
Put the potatoes in a large pot; add water just to cover and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels and finely chop.

In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped bacon, bell pepper, onion and scallions.

In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate or serve at room temperature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m impressed, I have to say. Actually rarely do I encounter a weblog that’s each educative and
entertaining, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. Your idea is excellent; the issue is one thing that not enough individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very comfortable that I stumbled throughout this in my seek for something referring to this.
Here is my site This Site