Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm Back - What Did You Do?

I am back home after another fun-filled weekend. On Thursday night, I attended a Washington Nationals baseball game, where the Nats pulled out a victory in the bottom of the 10th inning. This coming on the heels of the extra inning victory of the O's last weekend, I have been getting my money's worth of baseball games. There are a few baseball posts coming up soon (Barry Bonds-related and 10,000 losses for the Phillies) and they will appear soon. Of course, next weekend with be the Yanks and the O's at Camden Yards, always a good time.

Friday night, my family traveled to Wilmington, Delaware to spend the weekend with my sister-in-law's family. My wife and sister-in-law were going on to their family reunion on Saturday and the boys were playing golf at Bulle Rock, recently home to the LPGA Championship. My sister-in-law's husband and I were being treated to a gift certificate from my mother-in-law for a round of golf at the first-rate course. While we both agreed our games were nowhere near the caliber of the ladies who had recently played there, we had an outstanding time. I would like to say I scored well, but let's just say I scored more than the temperature and less than it normally costs to play there. The highlight for me was chipping into the hole on two holes. It's funny how you can post a lower score when you don't have to use your putter.

Today we spent part of a lazy Sunday before heading home (avoiding at all costs the toll in Delaware and the traffic that comes with it) and making a stop at the home of OSG, checking in on LSG. He is very cute. My son got to meet him for the first time and was very good with him. This certainly bodes well for the sibling that is on the way, although he isn't aware of that, nor for that matter are many of the readers of this blog. Do you read all the way to the end of my posts? I guess I will find out shortly.

Back to work tomorrow and I need to find a recipe to post. Perhaps a good cake recipe? I'll have to go looking.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yes i read to the end of the post... however, i am a new reader of your blog, so i don't know who OSG or LSG are... let alone who is having the sibling (but i guess someone deserves a congratulations)

Special K. said...

Oh, ye of little faith! Anyone who starts reading one of your posts reads until the end (I think). Now we can congratulate you and Mrs. B.A. (we had an inkling about this announcement earlier). Get moving on that house hunting!

OSG is "Our Southern Gentleman" and LSG is "Lil' Southern Gentleman." The real question is--what did OSG think of the new Harry Potter book? He must have read it by now.

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations to you and Mrs. BA on the latest little astronaut!! When's the big launch?

With regard to the Phillies, I'll just remind everyone that 10,000 losses comes much easier when you are among the oldest active teams - nearly 125 years old! I expect the Braves to be joining the "over 10,000" crowd within the next 5 years.

As far as golf, I played last week with my father, and the only thing that salvaged my round was my putting - seven one-putt greens!

Archivalist said...

Congrats from Maine as well!

Re Golf: I always find I do better when I only have to putt. I need to find some team golf where I only have to carry a nine-iron, a wedge, and a putter.