Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Other Ol' Blue Eyes

It is with deep sadness that I note the passing of Paul Newman. He was one of my mother's most favorite actors. I remember she had a pillowcase with his face silk screened on it, so she could sleep with him. Newman was one of those on her "list" and he could "put his shoes under her bed anytime."

I believe that in heaven, you get to be well, your favorite age forever, and everyone is equal. To that end, I am sure that my mother is having Paul over for dinner tonight. And after dinner, well, who knows.


3 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I was so shocked to hear this yesterday. What a shame. <:( Charles & I have been dilligent about supporting the "Newman's Own" brand/charity products--I just hope they don't now get totally corporatized & become a purely commercial venture like too many other things.
What was your fave Newman film? I waver between Cool Hand Luke & Slap Shot (the plot of the latter of which seemed largely ripped off by the movie "Semi-Pro.")

stinkypaw said...

I've always felt like your mother did, despite the age thing, I always thought he was "the man"...

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - I'm more of a Butch Cassidy and the Sting person. But he is great in the Color of Money.

Paw - He is the man and always will be.