Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Return to Pooh Corner

Tonight's bedtime story consisted of another chapter of "Runaway Ralph" by Beverly Cleary. The Beverly Cleary oeuvre was a popular favorite of mine growing up and LBA seems to have taken to it as well.

Occasionally, I will read to him from a Winnie the Pooh book that was mine and my siblings when we were growing up. So it's old.

But now, there's a new choice.

Pooh is Back, and He's Got Company reports CBS news on the first authorized publication of a sequel to the Winnie the Pooh stories by A. A. Milne. Time Magazine gives us a short history of Winnie the Pooh.

If particularly into the evening bedtime reading, I can adapt voices for the characters in the stories. So it seems I now need to find a voice for a pearl choker-wearing otter . . .

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I'm not sure how I feel about new Pooh. Especially after I've seen how butchered Bugs Bunny & others have ended up. I just hope the new author sticks to the original feel & look.

BTW, thanks for the b-day wishes, too. ;)

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana - You're welcome.