Thursday, January 5, 2012

States of the Union: A New Series



I love the Animaniacs. I would let LBA watch these guys instead of some of the other stuff he sits slack jawed in front of the TV watching now.

It's been a while since I had a recurring list appear on the blog (you may recall the Presidents of the United States series - you can still refer to them with the list that appears on the right side of this blog). I think it's time for a new set. LBA, deep into first grade, is learning at a mad pace and often will quiz me on things. He is trying to memorize all of the fifty states. So this new series should help. You got a preview of this series with those posts back in November and December.

As there are fifty states, this series will run for the entire year (I will do my best to make sure I am here every week). The final week will feature some sort of conclusion, as yet to be determined. The states will be revealed in the order of their admission to the Union, sorry Hawaii and Alaska lovers, you're gonna have to wait for a while. But hey, Delawareans, you guys win! You'll be up first, next week. Be sure to let me know if there is something specific about a state that you want / need to know!

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

For LBA, this is how I learned the states: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDrGnjacvA&feature=related

Unknown said...

If you leave out DC, I might have to stop talking to you!

Brave Astronaut said...

Anna - I started playing that and Mrs. BA made me stop.

C - it's a States of the Union series. Unfortunately, DC ain't no state, yet. But there will likely be a post at some point about all the other non-state parts (Guam, DC, Puerto Rico, etc.). Of course, you're welcome to write it as well. (guest blogging opportunity - I could open it up to residents / friends of the states that will be covered - ooh, an idea!)