Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day - Get out and Vote!

Today is Election Day in the United States.  Unless you have been living under a rock - you are aware of this.  Even more so if you have been living in the "tossup states."  As a federal employee I cannot really discuss politics regarding the campaign - but those of you who know me well - know who I am voting for today.  Whomever you are supporting - I urge you to exercise your democratic right and get out and vote.


Tonight I will have access to both of these beverages.
One would make me happy and the other sick.
Tune in tomorrow to find out how I am feeling.

Here's a few events from history to remind you of the gravity of today and your civic responsibility.
  • 1860 - Abraham Lincoln elected 16th President
  • 1861 - Jefferson Davis elected to 6 year term as Confederate President
  • 1888 - Benjamin Harrison (R) beats President Grover Cleveland (D), 233 electoral votes to 168, Cleveland received slightly more votes 
  • 1900 - President William McKinley (R) reelected, beating William Jennings Bryan (D)
  • 1928 - Herbert Hoover (R) beats Alfred E. Smith (D) for President
  • 1956 - President Eisenhower (R) reelected, defeating Adlai E Stevenson (D)  

No comments: