Saturday, March 17, 2007

And the 64 Shall Become 32

End of the first round. I am still better than .500 (with twenty-two of my teams advancing and eleven heading home). You have to wonder how many people have meaningless pool sheets now, with Duke back in North Carolina. Probably just people from UMD who hate Duke more than most. Congratulations to Archivalist and his VCU team, who squeaked past Duke on a last second basket. Stunning victory. My Albany Great Danes phoned their play in, losing badly (well, not badly, they lost really well) to UVA.

A piece of archival content. It was reported to me by C in DC that this marked the first time since the field went to 64 teams that the top seeds (#1-5) all advanced out of the first round. I'll check back with a list of the "sweet sixteen" and prognostications.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

On ESPN they said of the 3M people who filled out brackets, only 62 are still perfect.

Archivalist said...

Round 1: 28-4
Round 2: 7-9

But my Final Two are still in it, so there's hope...