Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Sweet Sixteen!

And we are down to 16 teams. Games will return on Thursday and Friday to determine the Elite 8. As it stands right now, I have 11 teams still alive on my bracket. I have two teams that did not survive although I had them making it to the round of 8, so I'm already 0-2 for the next round.

Here's my picks for the Sweet Sixteen with the teams remaining:
  • Florida over Butler - Butler beat MD, but Florida should continue its roll to the Final Four, despite a scare from Purdue.
  • UNLV over Oregon - Those runnin' rebels are not going away quietly. The Cinderella team of the tourney?
  • Kansas over Southern Illinois - It will be one of the better games, but the Solukis should finally hit the wall.
  • Pitt over UCLA - Quiet and determined, the boys from Steel City shouldn't fall until they meet Kansas in the next round. The West bracket is the only one where I have all four teams.
  • UNC over USC - Alphabetically, N over S and the end of any teams west of the Rockies
  • Georgetown over Vandy - Georgetown is still my pick for the champion.
  • OSU over Tennessee - another number 1 seed, another victory for OSU
  • Memphis over Texas - then again, I had Texas losing to Penn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, can you name an archivist or archival educator at each of these institutions?

Anonymous said...

BTW, Memphis is playing Texas A&M, not Texas. Two _very_ different schools. Just ask John Powell.

Archivalist said...

Hey anon#1 -- No.