Sunday, March 25, 2007

And the Four Shall Go to Atlanta

The Final Four have been decided. I sweated out the end of the Georgetown game, until UNC forgot how to score baskets and the Hoyas ran away in overtime. The four teams are:
  • The number 1 seed from the Midwest (and overall) - Florida
  • The number 2 seed from the West - UCLA
  • The number 2 seed from the East (and my pick) - Georgetown
  • The number 1 seed from the South - OSU

I did not have UCLA in my Final Four (having chosen Kansas) thinking that UCLA would lose to Pitt, but these things happen. So I have three of the four in my bracket left and I am still going with Georgetown over OSU and Florida over UCLA for the championship game, with the Hoyas prevailing as the new national champion!

In other sports news, I have secured tickets for Opening Day here in Washington, DC, so a week from tomorrow, I will head out to RFK to take in the Nationals as they face the Florida Marlins. I have been to the two previous Opening Day games for the Nats and am looking forward to this year, too! I might even get a season ticket package to secure my chance at seats in the new stadium.

As for hockey, with the season winding down, the New York Rangers beat the New York Islanders in overtime today to leap over Tampa Bay in the standings into sixth place. With five games to go, it will be a race to the wire for a playoff spot, with five teams in the Eastern Conference fighting for two chances to extend their season.

2 comments:

Archivalist said...

I have 3 of 4 as well, only missing out on OSU. I have Gtown and FLA in the finals, with FLA winning.

As for hockey...it makes me sad that all these teams in the East keep winning and making it tougher for Carolina to defend their Cup. I think the Rangers will keep playing well enough to get in, but I didn't like seeing the Isles get a point yesterday (sorry). Go Canes!

Anonymous said...

Only in the craziness that is sports divisions would Florida be in the Midwest and OSU the South. Someone will have to explain this to me sometime.

As a loyal alumna, I have to root for a UCLA upset over Florida.

Somehow, I think if G-town goes all the way and wins, it won't be nearly as obnoxious as when the Terps won.