Friday, July 25, 2008

Hey, I Want That!

My friend Amy frequently posts items to her blog with the tag, "I Totally Want This." She would probably be all over this list of "16 Elusive Movie Objects of Desire." I'll leave most of the movies off this and make it into a little quiz. No cheating by clicking on the item links, as some link to the movie in which they are featured.
  1. Gray's Sports Almanac
  2. The Fountain of Youth
  3. Treasure Map (and not the National Treasure one)
  4. White Castle burgers
  5. A bike (in several movies, including this one and this one)
  6. The Mysterious Briefcase of Doom (at least two movies, this one first, and this one second. But then again, this movie has a pretty serious briefcase also)
  7. A bird statue (if I give its title, that sort of gives it away, doesn't it?)
  8. A 1964 Chevy Malibu (from this movie)
  9. The Holy Grail (the article list this movie, but I can think of at least three others)
  10. The Ark of the Covenant (duh)
  11. The Necronomicon (from this movie - and the only one on here that I don't know)
  12. Part of a dinosaur (this movie and not this one)
  13. More treasure (specifically this one)
  14. A Ring (you know, this ring)
  15. A gold watch (from this movie)
  16. A really old piece of paper (which does not have a treasure map on the back!)

3 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I'm not a movie person, but here goes. I haven't clicked on any of your links & many of my guesses are completely wild.

1. One of the "Back to the Future" flicks?
2. ?
3. Treasure Island
4. That "Harold & Kumar" flick?
5. If you mean biCYCLE, I'll guess "E.T."
6. ?
7. The Maltese Falcon
8. ?
9. Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
10. Raiders, totally. Funny how you can just say "Raiders" & everyone knows what you're talking about, even though the full title of the movie is "Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark."
11. Army of Darkness
12. I can only guess "Jurassic Park" on this one.
13. ?
14. LOTR
15. Pulp Fiction
16. Nat'l Treasure

Brave Astronaut said...

Lana:
1. Yes, the second one.
2. A movie I haven't seen (click the link)
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No, but a good guess
6. The answers are but a click away
7. Yes
8. The answers are but a click away
9. That's one of the other ones I thought of.
10. Yes
11. Yes
12. That is not the one I was thinking of.
13. The answers are but a click away
14. Yes
15. Yes
16. Yes

Nice job!

Amy said...

You haven't seen Army of Darkness? OMG, you totally have to. It's a hoot, filled with tons of quotable lines, much like Monty Python. All my enginerd pals at OU knew it by heart.

Anyhow, it's kind of a follow-up to the two Evil Dead movies, but you don't really have to have seen those to enjoy A of D. In fact, I would recommend skipping those two in favor of watching A of D two more times.

Plus, I love Bruce Campbell. Have I ever mentioned that my sister got me the Ash and Evil Ash dolls? You can see them here: http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/timespacetoys_2007_40167888
I have mine on top of my TV in the living room.

Speaking of Bruce: I have to watch the rerun of Burn Notice tonight since I neglected to tape it on Thursday. But I'll be mumbling Army of Darkness quotes to myself all afternoon . . . "Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" . . . "All right — Who wants some?" . . . "Hail to the King, baby!" . . .

Sigh. Good times.