Tuesday, October 30, 2012

All Hallows Eve!


Today we spent our second day with nothing to do as a result of Hurricane Sandy.  I heard from my sister, who lives on the Jersey shore, she fared well despite some minor flooding.  My other sister who lives on Long Island, near my father lost the siding off of one side of her house.  Both she and my father are without power.  My NJ sister and I never lost power, amazingly.  Thanks PEPCO!

Saturday evening was Halloween Family Fun Night at LBA's school.  As you can see, he is Indiana Jones and SoBA is Superman, costumes that will be donned again tomorrow evening when we head out Trick-or-Treating.

Today we opted to have some friends over for the unexpected federal holiday.  Chili for everyone, hot dogs for the boys.  We spent some time talking about our Thanksgiving plans, which will take place at the beach this year.  We are looking forward to the weekend.

I ventured out to see what had become of the neighborhood(s) and went to the grocery store.  While there was still nary a D battery to be had anywhere - I did manage to get some perishable items, which I had resisted buying over the weekend for the anticipated loss of power.

We did have a tree come down in the backyard, crushing a section of fence in the back corner of the yard - and the grill skittered about 3 feet across the deck.  Other than that - we had no damage.  I am thinking of my friends and family in the New York / New Jersey region and hope they all fared as well.

No comments: