Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Off to New York

I am leaving tonight for Chautauqua, New York for the Spring 2008 Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC). This conference will mark my final one as Treasurer of the organization. While I expect to be able to blog while there (my roomie, that Ed guy should have his laptop), there may not be a lot of content for the next few days.

In honor of the Empire State, I offer to you a website that I found recently. It is one of those "single serving" websites, which offers only one piece of information. The site will tell you what color the lights are on the Empire State Building and why they are colored that way. So while two days ago, the building was bathed in purple, pink, and white for Long Island native, Mariah Carey's album release, tonight the building will be just the general ESB white lighting.

The Empire State Building holds a special place in my heart. It is a favorite place for Mrs. Brave Astronaut and I to go when we are in New York. On Sunday, she and I will celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Harumph! We're going to the far western corner of NYS and you're posting about a building that's an 8 hour drive away?! This is why we Westerners have trouble with you Guylanders.

Brave Astronaut said...

It is still the "Empire State Building" it just happens to be located at the bottom of that state we call home.