And have you all seen what Michael Phelps is eating these days? I think I need to lie down.
Answers to the quiz
- The emperor. In China, the dragon is a benevolent, wise, auspicious male power.
- Jesus. Hong had chanced upon translated scripture and, in a dream, had visions of himself as the brother of Jesus.
- Soong Mei-ling, wife of Chiang Kai-shek.
- Diving (nine medals) and shooting (nine).
- Only children, lavished with attention because of China’s one-child-per-couple policy.
- 20. But most new releases are available on bootleg DVDs within days.
- “Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-Tung,” estimated at 900 million copies (aka the Little Red Book).
- Two-thirds, according to the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency.