5 Ingredient Beef Stroganoff
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 20 min
Total Time 30 min
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (see notes)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the egg noodles according to the package.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Drain the fat and add the soup and garlic powder. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and combine the meat mixture with the egg noodles. Add the sour cream, stirring well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Notes (from the Spirited Violet)
- We have used ground turkey for this recipe to save money. We have also used half the amount of meat in the recipe before as well and it tastes just fine!
- I have been given a lot of feedback about the amount of garlic powder being too much. Yes, I used a whole tablespoon and this wasn't a typo; I enjoyed it and that is how it read from the original recipe as well. Use your cooking intuition if you feel that is too much for you and halve it, if necessary.
- If you feel the noodle mixture is dry, pour milk into the empty mushroom soup can and pour in the finished mixture to make it easier to stir.