Blackberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 16 ounces (3 cups) fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
- flake sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare filling, toss blackberries with flour, sugar, and lemon juice. Divide filling among four 6-ounce or two 12-ounce ramekins and arrange on a baking sheet (to catch any overflow).
- To make topping, beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in vanilla. Add oats, flour, and salt and mix until incorporated. Dough will be slightly crumbly. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Generously crumble over top of blackberries. (You may not need to use all the topping, that's ok, it's basically an eggless oatmeal cookie dough so munch away!) Sprinkle with more chocolate chips (if desired) and flake sea salt.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit filling is bubbling and cookie topping is light brown and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving warm with vanilla ice cream.