Here's a recipe I found that might please everyone in the Brave Astronaut Clan. I will point out here that Mrs. BA does make a really good Chicken Parmesan.
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Bon Appétit | March 2010
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 10 1/2-inch-thick slices French bread (4 inches in diameter); 8 slices toasted, 2 slices (crust removed) diced
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided, plus 12 large basil leaves
- 3/4 cup purchased refrigerated marinara sauce
- 12 ounces ground chicken (white meat)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces whole-milk mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 large radicchio leaves
Blend diced bread and Parmesan in processor to fine crumbs. Transfer to pie dish; mix in 2 tablespoons minced basil.
Mix marinara and 2 tablespoons basil in small saucepan. Transfer 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce to large bowl. Add chicken, 1/2 tablespoon oil, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with pepper; blend. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; coat with crumbs. Heat sauce over low heat.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until bottoms are crusty, 4 minutes. Turn patties over; top with cheese. Cook 3 minutes. Cover; cook until cooked through and cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Assemble burgers with bread, radicchio, basil leaves, and warm marinara.