I made a simple easy, chicken parm the other night, which both boys ate voraciously. LBA even had some the next day as a sandwich, and then again for leftover dinner the next evening.
Crispy Chicken Parmesean
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 slices of fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Basil, thinly sliced, to serve
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cut the chicken breasts in half widthwise to make 4 thin breasts.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Coat the chicken in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and fry the chicken on both sides until brown, about 4 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Place the fried chicken breasts in a baking dish. If they don’t fit side by side, gently overlap them.
- Pour the marinara over the chicken and top with mozzarella slices and Parmesan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- Serve with freshly chopped basil.