Merry Christmas to all out there!
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 4 hrs
Total Time 4 hrs 10 mins
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion , chopped *
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 8 oz. pkg regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef, Italian sausage and onion.
- Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, and water. Stir and simmer 15-20 minutes. (You could make the sauce in advance!)
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over the sauce (break the noodles to fit, if necessary).
- Combine the mozzarella, ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.