Here's a recipe for Snickerdoodle cookies, which are definitely in the Top 5 of the Brave Astronaut's favorite cookies. Via BuzzFeed.
The Best Soft And Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whip the butter with vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a sift add the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and sift into the dough. Combine until evenly mixed.
- Using your hands roll dough into ping pong sized balls.
- Dip the dough into cinnamon sugar mixture and roll around covering the dough ball completely.
- Place cookie dough on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.